Valentine's Day Recap and February Life Update

I know that Valentine's Day has long passed, but I wanted to give you all a quick recap of what I wore and how I spent my day! Those closest to me know that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I have always loved it regardless of if I was single or in a relationship. I love the colors, the decorations, and the day of appreciation for loved ones. This Valentine's Day, I wanted to go with a special look for my dinner:


 I have had this adorable dress in my closet for so long and I wanted to break it out again! I wore it with nude heels :)



Close up of dress plus Valentine's Day nails! I love having a "party nail" done each time I go to the nail salon. It's my go-to!


In my opinion, this is the best lotion for Valentine's Day. Such a light, feminine scent. 


I love Bath and Body Works candles!


Anthony was sick with some sort of virus and I had to take him to the ER on the Friday of Valentine's Day weekend, and he still wasn't feeling to well when we went to dinner on Sunday. Regardless, we still made it special at the restaurant we went to for last year's Valentine's Day and Sweetest Day.

Now for a February life update. I feel like I have so much to update you all on that I'm not sure where to begin. For starters, I went to see a psychiatrist for the first time at the beginning of the month and was officially diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). Hearing the news made me feel so much better, because things have been so hectic and crazy in the past few months and I needed an answer as to why I have been feeling the way I have. I have no problems or shame in admitting this on my blog because we all go through things in life and all have things that we go through to make us stronger people. I want to be more open about my anxiety because I would love to help people or give them any advice.

College is such a stressful time, and I feel so nervous in the fact that I don't know what my future holds. I still don't have a job secured yet and my mom and I have just put our Lake Barrington house up for sale. There are SO many changes that will be coming up, and I think that my lesson for these next few months is to find comfort in the discomfort and push through these uncertain times. It has been extremely hard for me lately, but I am going to accept this challenge because I want to get through this and not let anxiety and fear take my life over. I know that I am a great candidate and the right job will come to me at the right time.

I am currently working on positive self-talk and just loving myself over all. Feeling as anxious as I do, my self-esteem can be incredibly low at times and it is hard for me to accept compliments and say nice things about myself. I feel like I think of all of the things that are "wrong" with me instead of all of the things that are right. I know that this is a work in progress and it will take time and effort for me to start feeling more positive about myself. If anyone reading this is anxious or stressed, feel free to shoot me a message or send me a text. I am more than willing to listen and talk :)

I also want to start working on strengthening my relationships with my friends. I feel like my friend groups are shifting around so much this year and definitely will even more after graduation. Relationships may end but friends are always there, and I want to spend more time with them and let them know how much I appreciate them!


I hope you enjoyed my post! If someone is reading this and feels stressed, alone, or anxious, you are certainly not alone. We will all get through this together! :) Cheers to the month of love and friendship!

Grace


2 comments :

  1. Hi Grace,

    I completely understand what you are going through. I just wanted to say don't be stressed about not having a job lined up yet. I didn't find a decent job until 2 years after I graduated!

    The first two years out of college I worked as a waitress and at a few crappy jobs, which I now call "resume builders".

    You'll eventually land the right job, don't let the stress of finding one knock you down. You'd obviously be a great employee; any company would be lucky to have you.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lauren! You are the best! ❤️ And sorry for just seeing this now. Hope I get to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete