Weekend Recap

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I was MIA for the past few days and have some updates!

I was supposed to compete in a horse show up in Oshkosh this past weekend, but sadly it didn't end up working out (I'll have to discuss horses in a future post). I already had work off, so I decided to take advantage of the three extra days I had and visited my boyfriend, Anthony, and his family.  This was my first time meeting his parents because we have been living in two different states and we were both busy with work.  I'm so glad I finally had the time, because his family was wonderful! We stayed at his mom's house Thursday and Friday night and his dad's Saturday night. I actually hadn't planned on staying at his dad's Saturday, we had tornado warnings and bad storms and my mom didn't want me to drive back home in the rain.



Thursday evening's makeup: super bold brows and Maybelline Baby Lips in Limited Edition Pink Wink

Thursday I had dinner with Anthony and his mom, her fiance, and Anthony's brother, who I had already met once.  After dinner, Anthony took me to the drive-in movie theater by his house to see Minions and Inside Out. Both were super cute! The only issue was the rain, it was pouring so much that we couldn't see the screen. So we ended up just catching up on our past week and talking about work until the movies were over. Oops. I was able to watch most of Minions, however, and I told Anthony that I wanted to see Inside Out again ASAP!

Friday morning we had plans to go to Brookfield Zoo. But first, Anthony took me to one of my favorite places in the whole world (Dunkin Donuts) to get some iced coffee and then we went to THE BEST bagel place ever. County Farm Bagels is located in a strip mall so it is easy for it to be overlooked, but it is the cutest and most unique little bagel shop I have ever been in. Anthony had told me about it at school, and I was so glad that he decided to take me there! They had the most unique flavors, such as Asiago and rosemary, strawberry banana, and french toast. There were so many different kinds of bagels, I can't write them all on here because I don't even remember! There were also different cream cheeses that went along with the bagels! Anthony got a french toast bagel with honey almond cream cheese, and I got a Parmesan bagel with plain cream cheese. They were SO good! For the rest of my time in Anthony's hometown, I couldn't stop talking about the bagel place and wanted to go every single day.  I absolutely love bagels, but it's probably a good thing Anthony wouldn't let me go every single day! ;)


County Farm Bagels aka Grace's version of heaven


Their adorable menus! They had so many options to choose from!


Their "seasonal offerings" board offered pumpkin bagels and cream cheese in the fall and peppermint coffees and hot chocolates in the winter! 


Um, it's July but sure I'll have some


The entire place had a cozy, homey feel and was decorated with cute coffee mugs! 


"Let me take a picture of you with our coffees"


Anthony was starting to get annoyed with my picture taking 


Anthony's french toast bagel. Yep, that's powdered sugar


Parmesan cheese bagel UGH so good

After our bagels we went to the zoo, where we only stayed for a few hours because it was so incredibly hot! 


OMG I had to



Cute polar bear trying to keep himself cool! 



Once again, I had to 



Sorry Anthony 

After the zoo, we quickly got ready for dinner! We went out to celebrate Anthony's younger brother Thomas, since he just turned 18! 




Anthony's dog, Jake, was adorable! 


Happy 18th birthday Thomas!

The next day we went to see Anthony's dad, his stepmom, and his younger half-brother Nick.  We got lunch at a sports bar where Anthony and his dad go and play volleyball on Wednesday nights and I also got to meet his grandma! Later on in the evening I begged Anthony to take me to Cookie Dough Creations in downtown Naperville so I could just see what their cookie dough tasted like. Since it didn't have eggs or baking soda, it had more of a cream texture and a melt-in-your-mouth feel.  Not exactly what I was hoping for but at the same time I'm glad I got to finally try it! 


A "kid's cup" (the thing was huge!) of Oreo cookie dough


"Take a bite and let me take a picture of you for the blog"

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend filled with new adventures and wonderful people.  That's all I have for now! Hopefully everyone has a fabulous night!

                                                        XO, 

                                                               Grace Elle 


P.S. 

I got this Snapchat from my friend McKenzie a few days ago and it made me SO PROUD... I'm so glad that I'm getting my friends to love Baby Lips ;)  I'd say she has a pretty good collection so far!


<3



No comments :

Post a Comment