GAIQ Exam- My Experience



I'll just come out and say it: I do this to myself. I hate anticipating taking a big test. Studying is fine...but the length it takes to learn all of the information makes me anxious because I have NO PATIENCE, people! But despite this, I still sign up to take these tests and certifications anyway because I WANT THEM! Ugh. The perfectionist in me needs to be put under a little more control...

Anyways, I have signed up to take the Principles of Public Relations certificate exam, and I have been (attempting) at studying during every moment of free time I have. At work, we need to be knowledgable of Google Analytics because of the data and information it collects about our social media platforms and users. So... despite already being in the midst of studying for one huge exam, my coworker and I decide to dedicate ourselves to another. Behold, the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) exam.


The GAIQ exam is composed of 70 questions- all multiple choice with some true/false mixed in. The exam used to be $50.00, but now it is free. Thank you, Google Gods! Here is some more information about the exam, screenshotted from Google:



Creating a Google Partners profile is very easy and is free. When you get to the main screen, click on the "Join Google Partners" tab and then click on the green "Join Now" button. From there, you will accept terms and conditions and have access to your main page. When you click on "certifications" you can click on "analytics" and then it shows an option to take the GAIQ test on the right hand side. I highly recommend running through the Google Analytics Academy Google Analytics Academy offers free courses that highlight information that will be on the exam in the form of videos, along with practice assessments and quizzes. 

Whenever I am gearing up to take a test or certification, I often go online to see if anyone else has taken the same exam that I will be taking and shares their experience. Almost like an exam review- with thoughts, opinions, and how the user thought the test questions were. Sadly, there is nothing available for my Principles of Public Relations certificate exam, so I plan on creating a similar post after I take the exam for all PRSSA members who want an idea of what the test is like and my experience!

As for the GAIQ exam itself, I won't sugarcoat it: These questions were HARD. The good thing is, there is so much out there online to help you with this test. There are multiple websites with an abundance of practice quizzes and materials. If you spend a couple times a week highlighting different sections, watching videos, and going through different practice quizzes, you should be fine. You know yourself best and how you study and take tests, so take the test when the time is right for you. A lot of the test questions had multiple answers that you could pick- like an "A, B, and C are correct" kind of thing. A lot of the questions had to do with tracking as well. Make sure you really pay attention to API and tracking for emails.

I know that some of you are probably reading this thinking "why should I take this exam?" here are some reasons why I took the exam:

-This exam is beneficial for someone in the social media marketing, public relations, or business field.
-Gives a leg up on Google Analytics knowledge which will be used in your workplace
-Looks great on resume!
-Makes life easier for YOU when figuring out Google Analytics and gathering data
-Really makes you stand out when job searching
-You get this:


When you finish the exam, you get a lovely certificate to print and your certification will be valid for 18 months. If you want to keep your certification, you (unfortunately or not) will have to retest but at least 18 months is a good amount of time to keep your certification.

You also get this awesome little title in your Google Partners profile:


If you have any other questions about the GAIQ exam, don't hesitate to reach out or post a comment below!

Good luck!

-Grace




No comments :

Post a Comment