College Fashionista 2015 Internship at a Glance

I can't believe that my time as a Summer Style Guru Intern for CollegeFashionista is finished! I applied for the internship because I thought it would be a fun way to practice my writing and experience the pressure of a weekly deadline like HerCampus did. In fact, a lot of the girls in my chapter of HerCampus actually wrote for CollegeFashionista as well. One of my friends, the mega stylish Liz Zee (shout out to you babe!) used me for one of her shoots and encouraged me to apply. I used her for my application shoot, wrote my sample article and turned it in. I was super excited to have an opportunity to do some fashion writing! I was so excited when I found out I had gotten accepted.

CollegeFashionista helped me appreciate a good outfit even more and what it can do for your self-esteem. Even though I am required to wear letters until next weekend, I have constantly been trying to find ways to look dressy and fun. I have CollegeFashionista to thank for that.

Here are some of my favorite outfits that I reported on in my time as a Style Guru, hopefully you can all take away a piece of inspiration from some of these outfits!


I loved starting out the summer season in this outfit! A simple light blue dress, a statement necklace, and brown or nude wedges are all you need to feel on trend and comfortable!


Take a cue from Natalie and rock a light, flowy sundress before it starts getting cold!


This outfit is perfect for a transition into fall. Cute "coffee shop casual" weekend wear for just lounging around or doing homework!


Sam rocks an adorable and comfortable cardigan with a floral top and adorable boots! Perfect for Fall!


I loved wearing this dress :)


I love this look- a plaid shirt and vans add some edge to a girly lace dress


I love the pattern in this floral kimono!


Have a Sorority event? A simple black dress and gold statement necklace add polish.


Do I have a stylish boyfriend, or do I have a stylish boyfriend...


A french braid is perfect for a long day of class or work!


...And the new Baby Lips Gloss is perfect for any occasion. 


Having a watch will add a style upgrade to any outfit!


Colorful floral patterns instantly summer-fy your look!


Cute lace up booties make the world go round!


Fashionista Erica looks adorable for a date!

I had so much fun photographing and writing about these trends! If you want to take a look at these outfits in more detail, click the "CollegeFashionista" tab above or use this link: 

http://www.collegefashionista.com/author/grace_obrien/ 

If you would like to become a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista, use this link: 

http://www.collegefashionista.com/apply/

I would like to thank Sarah Darrow, Amy Levin and Sammy Walsh for this incredible internship opportunity and the awesome feedback! And a very special shout out to all of my fabulous Fashionistas/os that let me photograph them! <3 Cheers!

                                                                    XO,

                                                                        Grace Elle 


No comments :

Post a Comment