Guest Contributor: The boyfriend! Gasp!

Hi there everybody!

This is Anthony aka Grace's boyfriend. She asked me if I could do an article for her blog and I said that I would love to but I just didn't know what I wanted to write about. Grace did an article on CollegeFashionista where she used me for a post about internships so I decided that I would stick with writing about dress clothes and what not for guys. 


Coming up in September, Grace and I will be attending my mom's wedding, which we are both excited about, but because of this I had to go an get a new suit. The first place I thought of to go get a new one was Men's Wearhouse. They have a huge selection of suits in all different colors, styles, and fits. Once we were there and browsing through everything (which there is a ton) one of the sales reps came up to us and really helped out. First thing he did was ask what we were looking for: the color, style and the occasion. Then he measured me out to make sure that everything he pulled from the rack was going to be the best fit for me.

I knew going into it that I wanted a black three piece suit (jacket, pants, and vest). If you can pull off a three piece suit I highly recommend it, they help you stand out and also because you have a best you can just wear the pants and best with a dress shirt or just the jacket and pants. The first suit I tried on (and ended up buying) was the perfect one, it was a slim fit suit that was designed for a younger crowd to be wearing. Once we had the suit picked out, they then brought me over to their in house tailor who took all of my measurements and made the alterations that I wanted done. The suit in total with all of the alterations ended up being around $800 but they were having a deal so my brother got his suit for free. Two weeks later my suit was done from them tailoring it and was ready to be picked up. 

I tried it on and it was perfect. I highly recommend that when spending this much money on dress clothes, suits or anything. You can get it tailored so it fits you and looks the best as possible on you. From now on my first stop will always be at Men's Wearhouse because of the way they conduct their business which was to make sure that everything fit properly and educate their customers on different products. The sales rep who helped me, Jeff, was awesome and because of him I will definitely be making a return to the Bloomingdale location. 

By the way I wrote this while I was on the train at 6:30 heading to work.

-Anthony





No comments :

Post a Comment