Summer Fun/Updates

Hey everyone! Hope summer is treating all of you well!

For me, it is going by SO FAST! It is my last week of work(OMG) and then I'll be heading down to school August 4th for a staff retreat for my fall internship. I will be a social media intern for Up Late at State, which is a program at my school that hosts drug and alcohol free events for students. THEN I have to drive all the way back home and will be coming back down for my sorority's move in on August 9th. Whew. I'm glad I still have a few more weeks, because I'm going to be so busy.

 
               The name of this boat was "Timing is Everything". Something I'll have to keep in mind in                                                                    my busy and stressful days!

Speaking of busy: my upcoming fall semester will consist of two hour recruitment practices up until actual recruitment (Labor Day weekend), a two hour weekly staff meeting for my internship, two brand representative positions, and school work. Thinking ahead to all of these commitments makes me excited but also a little uneasy. I feel like I will have so much on my plate, and I am unfortunately one of those perfectionist types who needs to have everything in my life be well organized and smooth sailing (when of course, life never works out that way). Well, tonight on the phone Anthony, we talked about maybe dropping a few things so I will be a little less stressed when we get back to school. Coincidentally, I had just received an email from one of the companies I was a brand representative for saying how if anyone wanted to discontinue their time as brand rep, they can just reply to the email. I decided to do it, even though I felt a little sad. I'm the kind of person who loves to finish what I start and see things through until the end (even if it happens to be a super repetitive season of Dance Moms, ugh). However, I already have school and a  new internship to commit to. I also want to have time to relax, study, and enjoy my last year of school. I am a firm believer that
everything happens for a reason and that things fall in to place the way they are supposed to. Along with that, I believe that putting myself first is important and having downtime decreases my anxiety. So, along with emailing the first company, I emailed my manager from the second company and let her know the news. After both emails were sent, I felt so much better and felt as though I had a weight lifted off my shoulders. Thanks for the advice, Anthony.

Anyway, here are some pictures form my past few weeks! I have been busy with work, which explains the lack of posts, and I've enjoyed my days off where I've been able to be out in the sun! My mom and I were out on the boat from 11-4 today and I got FRIED! I am a Grace Lobster.


Enjoying some boat time out on the lake. I got soo sunburned! 



             
           Love this outfit from my favorite store, Dry Goods! Adorable summer OOTD.





Edie Boutique! They had adorable jewelry and scarves!



   I love the Midwest during the summer! 


I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! I have to go to bed because of work early in the morning. I'm so tired from being out in the sun all day! Expect to hear from me again soon. <3

                                                            XO, 

                                                                  Grace Elle 

                                                        

No comments :

Post a Comment